Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Making Moves...

Christmas brought another present to Owen...true mobility.  After some fits and starts early in the week, he really put it together over the holiday weekend.  Now he is on the move.  Like moving EVERYWHERE.

He has been patiently watching big brother for about, well 7 months.  Watching, looking, yelling, crying.  Now O can make moves, and I must give him credit, because his crawling is textbook.  His big brother labored through the early crawling and gave it up to work on his destiny as a bi-ped.  Owen actually crawled for about 7 or 8 days before deciding that crawling is about as cool as a man wearing jean shorts with a fanny pack.  Now he will only crawl to pull up on something.  When I say something, I mean me, the Mrs., or if unaware, his big brother. He'll pull up on chairs and couches, but prefers people.  Given this behavior, the betting line is opening at walking by Valentines' Day. Mommy would take Memorial Day, but I just don't see that happening.  

In the meantime, enjoy the celebration of Owen's first forward progress.

Thanks for reading...

1 comment:

Eric said...

Great video... I'd expect nothing less from you Bill. I'm putting my money on March 1, 2011.