Saturday, August 8, 2009

Missing Lime...

Carter and I make regular trips to the grocery store. These days, he has a serious L-O-V-E for those ridiculous kiddie car/carts that are 8' long and require a 9-point turn to maneuver mid-aisle.

To distract his attention from the car/carts today, I gave him an avocado (from stands in the breezeway) to "hold for daddy". Translation: gently cradle it for 60 seconds before smashing it on everything for some cart-side guacamole. I quickly exchanged it for a lime which was close by, but not on the list. The $0.30 is quite a bargain for toddler peace.

He loved the "Lime/Ball" and wouldn't even let go of it for the grocery clerk to scan it. For the trip home, and once in the house, the lime was still our new BFF. We rolled it to mommy, then threw it, then tossed it in the air while jumping.

So after we got C bathed and to bed, I was wondering, what happened to the lime? After quickly looking under the furniture and in all the corners, it was nowhere to be found. We looked at the toys he was playing with and nada. I began envisioning a decaying lime (like those time lapse progression videos) in some dark corner of the house weeks later. But just then Ms. Schwangston checked the new Recycling Truck that KT & Dan got C. Open the back hatch, and there it was, where it is supposed to go with the magnet letters, of course.

Just don't tell C the "Lime Fairy" took it away when he looks for it tomorrow.

Thanks for reading....

4 comments:

Mark said...

Nice improve getting the lime but did they not have any oranges?

Bill said...

I was in the Beer/Wine aisle, and the only suitable avocado substitute was a lime. Next time...

Mark said...

Ah, that explains it. By the way, I meant "improv" not "improve" but you knew that.

ksp said...

Carter was trying to compost in his recycling truck - love it!