Where for art thou, dear readers. Need movie suggestions, please.
Just watched "Ides of March" - two Schwangston thumbs up.
New Years Eve - understandly bad and delightfully cheesy. Not worthy of a rating. Think Katie Heigel regrets her career choices and direction? Tsk tsk. Don't tick off Shonda Rhimes or Judd Apatow.
Dying to see
Moonrise Kingdom in the theaters. Bad pun, dying. Chest half full of fresh air anxious to see it, better? May go solo since the Mr. was not too excited about it, which is fine since I will movie solo.
Leave me a comment (you can do it!) or the usual email with your suggestions. Ones from Netflix appreciated (no, Moneyball was not available last time that I looked)...
3 comments:
I've recently wanted to revisit some of the sillier movies from my youth - stuff like Teen Wolf (don't mock me), Goonies, Raising Arizona, My Dog Skip, Dumb and Dumber, The Sandlot, Trading Places, etc. Just been reading and watching too much serious stuff. Admittedly, those are all a little goofy.
Then, I realized, I don't really know what kind of movies you like. How sad is that?
Well, we shared a few good times in the UK so I'll suggest Billy Elliot. It's a little quirky and very tender. Not sure if that's what you want or need right now but there you are - a suggestion.
I loved Billy Elliot. Like "well-made" movies that make you think, not fluffy happy stories. Tends to be more indie or darker in general. Though, Top Gun pre-Cruise craziness or Shawshank or Seven or Amelie are kinds that I also like...I may revist the 80s and 90s. Though, with the kiddos, haven't really been to the movies lots in the past 5 years. Itching to see The Artist.
Newer ones on video that I liked ... My Week with Marilyn (not the usual take on her), The Vow (if only to see Channing Tatum :-), Footloose (come on, you loved the original, right?), Midnight in Paris (scenery alone is worth it), Contagion (maybe you can figure out how you got all this crud in the first place).
Post a Comment