Friday, June 22, 2012

Random reflections

Hi Schwangston peeps.  Here is a quick list of things that make me smile and/or shake my head:

  • Murphy, as in his law, spoke loud and clear last Sunday night.  After my post on puke free presents for Daddy Bill, O apparently delivered one last present.  I found him asleep with some cantaloupe chunks shortly after I wrote that post.  Oops.
  • This Atlantic article on "having it all" is timely and well written.  I've had 3 people mention it in 3 different settings in the past 24 hours. I also read somewhere a comment on Mr. Mom vs Mrs. Dad that really struck me.  I've decided to strike the use of Mr. Mom from my vocabulary.
  • The blogger dooce is a bit, um, crass, but sensitive and very brazen (use of that word credited to my friend HD as she used it to describe me yesterday "but in a good way" - um, right).  Anywho, the dooce grew up in Memphis (Bartlett, but is now in SLC, UT).  Her recent post on vocal percussions made me laugh because Owen did something very similar last Sunday during the prayer in "big church".  Except, he was singing/humming/beat boxing to "We Are Young" which is our "rock it out" song that guarantees all people in the Schwangston mobile get in a good mood if played, err blared.
  • Thankful for the village that formed, was built, solidified in the recovery of this pneumonia.  Mega props to the parental units for on-site assistance, and gratitude to the sisters, the XO love, MPAers, the work peeps, the neighbors, the church, the Vols, the friends, etc.  It take a village, and the internet. What goes around comes around...a woo hoo for good karma.  And, extra happy to be out of the house for a few hours and back in the office.
  • Excited that the hubby asked me out on a date tonight AND arranged our latest babysitter attempt to come early for orienting (she helps C in children's chapel at church).  The high schooler's mama even offered her up as - she will be yours, all yours, if you can commit now. Done.  Bill maybe even mentioned that he kind of hopes she doesn't get too popular/busy and I agreed.  Are we bad people for thinking that?  Or just two tired parental units who want a date? Anyway, no need to answer that one, internet.

Over and out.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. If you take requests, I'd love to see the kids (or whole fam) rocking out to We Are Young.