Texas, at least DFW, has joined the rest of the Northeast/Southeast (everywhere but the Olympics) and is now covered in snow. With every estimate/forecast, I'm always inclined to take the under, but this time, the snow "covered" in both senses.
As I'm writing this tonight, I measured 9" after sweeping off the DirecTV satellite so I could get reception again. That's right, I lost reception b/c of snow in Texas. That in itself mus
t be a sign of the apocalypse.
I tried to entice Carter to go out, but I don't think he really understood snow (even after Dec.'s experiences, especially Christmas). I took it upon myself to introduce him to it (because I am 1/16th Michigander). First,we had to "suit up". This involved me putting on my snowboard boots, and since we have zero real snow gear for C, we had to improvise. When we were little, we used the old bag/rubber band method to keep his feet dry.
Once outside, I tried to cover the snow basics. Here are a few pics of the damage.
The wind up and... ...the pitch!!


The last time I built a snowman, I was about 11 years old. It was much easier this time around. Carter was more of a foreman in this construction observing, and when he saw the second ball, encouraging with chants of "Snowman Daddy, Snowman!". Not sure if he was instructing, or just enthusiastic, but it helped either way.
As I'm writing this tonight, I measured 9" after sweeping off the DirecTV satellite so I could get reception again. That's right, I lost reception b/c of snow in Texas. That in itself mus
I tried to entice Carter to go out, but I don't think he really understood snow (even after Dec.'s experiences, especially Christmas). I took it upon myself to introduce him to it (because I am 1/16th Michigander). First,we had to "suit up". This involved me putting on my snowboard boots, and since we have zero real snow gear for C, we had to improvise. When we were little, we used the old bag/rubber band method to keep his feet dry.
Once outside, I tried to cover the snow basics. Here are a few pics of the damage.
The wind up and... ...the pitch!!
Because we don't really have any hills or sleds, I went for the "Daddy-Powered-Wagon". Carter seemed to enjoy and quickly was giving direction and requests of "go fast, Daddy!" which meant it was time to build a snowman.
4 comments:
Holy Snow! Can't believe all the white stuff in Dallas. enjoy!!
Great post. That's more snow that we got in Knoxville. Can't believe you got that much in Dallas?!? Great pics of C throwing the snowball, too.
WOW!! That is a great snowman!! I just saw the news of Dallas snow and went straight to your Blog. Who knew, snow in Dallas?? I am glad you and Carter had a snow experience!
And you thought you escaped MI!!
Post a Comment